Doesn't this break any existing application that uses OpenSearch and displays summaries in a web browser? This is an incompatible change which we should avoid.

Also a friendly hint to all plugin hackers, you need to enable summary-basic in your existing nutch-site.xml to get things working.
Took me some time to realize this fact :)

That sounds fine, but in the meantime, let's not reproduce the html-specific code in lots of places. We need it in both search.jsp and in OpenSearchServlet.java. So we should have it in a common place. A method on Summary seems like a good place. If we subsequently add a more general API then we could re-implement the toHtml() method using that API, but I think a generic toHtml() method will be useful for quite a while yet.

+1

--
Sami Siren