Jérôme Charron wrote:
Yes Doug, but in fact, the idea is to add the toString(Formatter) method in
a common place (Summary).
And add one specific Formatter implementation for OpenSearch and another one
for search.jsp :
The reason is that they should not use the same HTML code :
1. OpenSearch should only use <b> around highlights
2. search.jsp should use some more complicated HTML code (<span ... >)

In fact, I don't know if the "Formatter" solution is the good one, but the
toString() or toHtml() must be parametrized
since the two pieces of code that use this method should have distinct
outputs.

This all sounds fine, I'm just remarking that, at present, the OpenSearch output has changed incompatibly, which is a bad thing, and that I wish, until this is fully worked out, OpenSearch returned what it did before (markup, although perhaps exceeding what's advised).

Doug