Doğacan Güney wrote:

public void prepareInjectorConfig(Path crawlDb, Path urls, Configuration
config);
public void prepareGeneratorConfig(Path crawlDb, Configuration config);
public void prepareIndexerConfig(Path crawlDb, Path linkDb, Path[]
segments, Configuration config);
public void prepareUpdateConfig(Path crawlDb, Path[] segments,
Configuration config);

Should we really pass Path-s to methods? IMHO, opening a file and
reading from it looks a bit cumbersome. I would suggest that the
relevant job would read the file then pass the data (MapWritable) to
the method. For example, prepareGeneratorConfig would look like this:

public void prepareGeneratorConfig(MapWritable crawlDbMeta,
Configuration config);

What about the segment's metadata in prepareUpdateConfig? Following your idea, we would have to pass a Map<String segmentName, MapWritable metaData> ...

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><