Doğacan Güney wrote:
On 9/18/07, Andrzej Bialecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Doğacan Güney wrote:

public void prepareGeneratorConfig(MapWritable crawlDbMeta,
Configuration config);
What about the segment's metadata in prepareUpdateConfig? Following your
idea, we would have to pass a Map<String segmentName, MapWritable
metaData> ...

Yeah, I think it looks good but I guess you disagree?

:) Each variant looks a bit like a hack ... The variant with Path[] doesn't require that you retrieve all segments' metadata first, even if your plugins don't use it.

On the other hand the variant with Map<String, MapWritable> avoids the pesky issue of doing file I/O in the plugins. So perhaps it's a little better ...

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><