I don't think there is a good solution right now. I also block the
Microsoft service ports which are a common source of holes for the
Microsoft vermin to infect a new victim. There was a new CERT warning
out just yesterday about a new hole in Workstation Services so it's just
going to get worse while Microsoft Windows is still around.

There was some FreeBSD person who was working extending OS finger
printing to the packet filter level. Since you have real machines
and not just a simple router between the AP and the internet maybe you
could use this to restrict Windows users with ports open to just port 80
while letting responsible netizens through?

-- Daniel
  << When truth is outlawed; only outlaws will tell the truth. >> - RLiegh