Kevin Arima wrote:
> Most likely it's Verizon's loop concentrator.  What happened was NYNEX
> back in 93-94 decided that it'd be more cost effective by bringing in
> fiber to the basement of a building, then putting in a mini-CO there to
> connect to the NID of each apartment.  I recall this being done to my old

Having fiber into the building shouldn't be all that bad.  Couldn't
you just build your own ethernet in the building, put a switch or
router in the basement, and buy a single 10 or 100 Mbps connection for
the entire building?  At the same time, you could install VoIP and get
rid of the phone company for ever.

--
  Lars Aronsson ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Aronsson Datateknik - http://aronsson.se/