You need to to cover 2.4GHz, and they usually have N or SMA connectors so
you'll need an adapater for the RP-TNC, or what ever your AP and antenna
connectors are. A variabl attenuator will be nice, but expensive,
like http://www.attenuator.com/pdfiles/wmod940.pdf

You can get fixed one pretty cheap ($10-20 each) off ebay. But then you may
need to place them in-line with one another if it's not enough
see also http://www.attenuator.com/prdfixed.htm#attenuators and
http://www.merrimacind.com/rfmw/microwave_attenuators.html

-B