The volunteer turn out was small but we got a lot done last Tuesday afternoon. The total network for the Dekaulb Ave CA building includes 15 access points. We got over %50 of APs installed and all of the backend infrastructure (Internet connectivity, Soekris/Pebble portal, Cisco Catalyst POE Ethernet switch).

Our biggest challenge was locating a long enough masonry drill bit for getting risers ethernet cables connected to the wall mounted APs. The cabling was pre-run by the builder which was a big help. But the cabling was run to junction boxes inside stair wells, Trash and Janitors closets. So a sizable amount of drilling through cinder block was required to get the cable to the right locations designated by our site survey.

I will be organizing one more installation event (stay tuned to general discussion list for details) and then working with key volunteers on:
1. Locating PC donations for CA residents.
2. Organizing on going support for the networks.
3. Identifying additional organizations that would be interested in our Wireless for and by the community program.

Many thanks to the install team. The hard work and dedication exhibited as the hour got late was an inspiration. I think as group NYCwireless is capable of much more then I had originally imagined. A small group of motivated volunteers can move mountains.

- Dustin -