Is there (and I am certain there is, I just don't know who has done it in
NYC) anyone with experience in setting up
A building wide freenet amongst apartments ?

I would like to organize internet and perhaps VOIP amongst a few neighbors,
and see if we can expand this to
Our building in midtown Manhattan. Right now my WiFi sees a lot of people
with WiFi boxes (Linksys usually) in range.
Seems a shame that we should all have separate cable, telephone, and IP
connections...

It is a lot of work to setup ? Has anyone done it ?
Are their legal issues this up and bypassing the cable/phone companies in
our building ?

Cheers!

Dr. D B Karron
[EMAIL PROTECTED]