I think the only fair way to treat VOIP is for a provider to prioritize
their own VOIP packets, not lower the priority of VOIP packets from other
providers, or worse, block ports that competitors use for the service. That
way if I own a network I can fairly insure QOS for my VOIP customers and
give all competitors "best effort" service just like any other data
traversing the network.
Jim