I forgot to mention that the bird flew off to the median and could not be
relocated as of 10:45

From: davehawk...@msn.com
To: nysbirds-l@cornell.edu; btb...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Jones Beach - Western tanager
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:19:01 -0400

I received a call from Sam Jannazzo who said he and Pat Jones found a Western
tanager (around 10AM?) this morning by the hedgrerow at the Coast Guard Station
at Jones Beach West End. From Sam's description it was probably a male. There
was also a report of a Connecticut Warbler, not seen by Sam or Pat