My 2ยข
I just have to comment how stunning these photos are.
I agree that it may be hard to tell how large the bird is, (and
believe me, I'm NO expert) but when put up against the size of a
herring gull (particularly when it is flying off with the gull) seems
to put it in the Gyr league.
Again, stunning pix - and as someone previously said - maybe even
better than the guides.
Thank you to Luke for sharing.

Susan Herbst
graphic design/illustration/photography