------ Forwarded Message
From: Regina Alvarez <ralva...@centralparknyc.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 08:26:04 -0500
To: Regina Alvarez <ralva...@centralparknyc.org>
Subject: Advisory!

Hello All -
As I am sure many of you have heard by now, there have been three confirmed
cases of rabies in raccoons in Central Park, two of them within the last
couple of weeks.
I am attaching the official press release from the Department of Health to
this email as a Word document.  Please feel free to share this with others.
We are posting signs around the park letting the public know what is going
on.  I have attached that sign as a PDF to this email also in case you want
to see what it looks like.

No one was injured from these three raccoons but it is advised that people
stay away from raccoons, skunks, bats, stray dogs and cats and other wild
animals that can carry rabies.   It is also advised that everyone keep their
dogs on a leash.

DOH is monitoring the situation and all dead raccoons that Central Park
staff find are being sent for testing.

Please read the press release for further information and feel free to call
me (212 988 9026) or Neil Calvanese (212 628 1036 X13) if you have any
questions.

Regina

Regina V. Alvarez
Director of Horticulture and Woodland Management
Central Park Conservancy
14 East 60th Street
New York City, NY 10022
212-988-9026