It was a rather long delay, but my local SCREECH OWL finally decided to
answer back to my whistled calls.

It was just past midnight, New Year's Eve/Day, when I went out to try to
elicit a response from him. No luck then.

Just a few minutes ago, I hear the owl out back. I first picked him up on my
monitor, and then went out to enjoy his melodious warble in full fidelity.

Now that I know that he's alive and well - well enough to challenge that
supposed territorial intruder (me), I'll leave him alone and let him feel
real good about defending his borders.

He now has bragging rights for any of the nice lady owls who care to listen.
Judging from the voice I heard, he should have no trouble.

Rich Guthrie

New Baltimore

The Greene County

gael...@capital.net