5 Jan

Joe Giunta, Sam Jannazzo, Debbie Martin and I (SY Schiff) went looking for the
Mew Gull without success.  Our consolation birds wwere Purple Sandpipers on the
rocks and Common Goldeneye on the water.

Moving toward home, we stopped at the entrance to Kingsboro Community College
for the Monk Parakeets and then moved on to Spring Creek. There we saw
Cooper's and Red-tailed Hawks plus 2 circling Killder. On the side opposite the
shopping center and outlet of the waste treatment plant (which keeps the water
open) we saw a good  variety of ducks including several Canvasbacks, a
Kingfisher and a Black-crowned Night-Heron

Cold, but good birding,        SY