There may have been more people trying to " help " the Dovekie. I received
this information this morning in an email sent to me. Here is the email.

****
Hi Joe,

I  have been out to see the Dovekie twice now and can't believe how small
this bird  is and how far it has come.  I took some video yesterday and hope
to find  the USB wire to download the pictures.  I did get concerned
yesterday when  a woman come by and started throwing pieces of shrimp to the
bird.
This  bird is healthy and feeding on its own.  When I questioned the woman
she  said she called Cornell and they told her what the bird eats and that
it why she  brought the shrimp.  I did not want to create a scene so I left
the area  because it was getting me very angry...

         Paul
****
I don't know if we really know what  happened.

Best,
Joe  Giunta