Feb. 13, 2010

Our group of 32 birders from NYC Audubon visited Croton Pt. County Park.
The Eagle show was fantastic. We saw at least 7 Bald Eagles from the Croton
RR  station parking lot. They were in the trees, they flying over us, they on
Croton  Bay, and they seemed to be displaying to each other while in
flight. On the bay  was an excellent collection of duck species; Canvasback,
Redhead, Common  Merganser, Ring-necked, and Common Goldeneye. Also seen was a
Red-headed Woodpecker as it continues at the upper parking lot just past  the
entrance booth. No owls were seen.