The fishing platform referred to by Tom has been closed this winter due to
ice build up.  I'm not sure when it is scheduled to re-open, some time soon
 I would imagine.

Back in November I found a Black-headed Gull on the upriver roosting
rocks.  It stood there for hours, but in the next few days spent most of  its
time flying around that fishing platform.  Dean DiTomasso got awesome
point-blank photos of it while standing on the platform.

Jim Pawlicki and I subsequently spent some time viewing from the  spot.
Looks at close birds are epic, but the spot comes with its own set  of viewing
vagaries and is probably best used in conjunction with other  overlooks.

It's not well known because there was previously no real parking at the
bottom of the hill, thus effectively limiting access. The parking area has
recently been enlarged.

Dave Wheeler.