We took a run at SMSP about noon this morning after the heavy morning rains and
the birds were singing everywhere. We saw and/or heard nine species of warblers
including Worm-eating (Breeds), Blue-winged (B), Black-throated Blue, Am.
Redstart (B), Prairie (B), Common Yellowthroat (B), Ovenbird (B), Myrtle
Warbler, and Northern Waterthrush. Also present were three Solitary Sandpipers
(flooded picnic area on the south side of the south parking lot) and a Greater
Yellowlegs. Other species observed were Orchard Oriole (B), Baltimore Oriole
(B), Eastern Kingbird (B), Warbling (B) and White-eyed Vireos(B), and
White-crowned and Chipping Sparrow(B).

Ken & Sue Feustel