Yesterday, 7/27, I tried for the neat birds seen by Jim Clinton, Jr. on 7/26.
Between 9:15-1145 AM, first from the w/s of the inlet, and then from the e/s of
the inlet where most of the birds were (albeit fewer & farther out, than
reported by Jim). The only specie of note was Cory's Shearwater, with their #
down to 4 (possibly 6).

The trip to the opposite side of the inlet was benefical to Dave Nearf (sp?),
as well as to myself. It provided Dave with the "longer & closer view" he
wanted/needed to put the Cory's down as a "lifer", and for me the good feeling
of "giving back"....as it must have been for Gil Raynor, back on 10/1/77.
Checking my "Birding Bible", on that day, a group of 6 Moriches Bay A/S
birders, led by Gil, found this specie flying at a distance off of Shinnicock
Inlet. I can't remember how many of us, besides myelf, were seeing this bird
for the first time- but I do know that Jim Clinton,Sr. & Jim Clinton, Jr. made
up 1/3 of that group!

Cheers, Bob