At 11am there were 4 Buff-breasted Sandpipers on the small field adjacent to
the Aviator Sports parking lot in Floyd Bennett Field. They were associating
with a flock of 18 Killdeer. They were still present when I left at 12:50pm.
There were an additional 40 Killdeer on the small grass field just to the north
of the community gardens. I find it curious that the BBSAs have been sticking
to the relatively tiny grass field as opposed to the much more extensive tracks
just across the road. Presumably, the constant presence of hunting kestrels
(and the occasional Merlin) on the main fields are a little stressful.

Good birding,

Rob

"Just like the [insert bird species here], sings a song sounds like she's
singing [insert questionably artistic mnemonic here]" - Alfred E. Nicks