Jones Beach West End 20 October

Land birding was slow except for the always present Yellow-rumped Warblers..
The interest, for me, was on the bar in front of the marina.  Here there were
some hundreds of shorebirds to look through:--~125 Black-bellied Plover; 1
Golden Plover, several passes before I found it; ~20 American Oystercatchers;
~40 Red Knot; a dozen Sanderling; 150 Dunlin; a dozen Short-billed Dowitchers,
can't rule out a Long-billed as many had their heads tucked and offered
unfavorable views.

The eastern end of West End #2 lot had a small rain puddle which attracted
gulls including a full plumaged adult Lesser Black-backed Gull with bright
yellow legs.

At the turnaround, a short flurry of raptors included a Northern Harrier,
several Sharp-shinned Hawks including one that made a pass a larger Cooper's
Hawk. As my grandson used to say, "COOL".  Close-up comparisons are always neat.

Sy Schiff