From: Shaibal Mitra <shaibal.mi...@csi.cuny.edu>
Sender: bounce-7209706-9253...@list.cornell.edu
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 11:18:21
To: NYSBIRDS (NYSBIRDS-L@cornell.edu)<NYSBIRDS-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Common Ground-Dove Continues + Western Kingbird

The Common Ground-Dove continues at Captree, although it is sometimes absent
for half an hour or so at a time. At 9:50, during one of the dove's absences, a
Western Kingbird appeared along the same edge of vegetation. I had to leave
shortly thereafter, but I heard from Lloyd Spitalnik that the dove reappeared
in its usual haunts and gave a good show for all its newly assembled devotees.
At last report, neither dove nor kingbird were visible, but I would think that
patient scanning of the northern edge of the easternmost lot is likely to be
rewarded.

Shai Mitra
Bay Shore