I too am happy to report seeing the bird, as well as the Western Kingbird,
during the late morning. For all those planning to try for the dove, you might
want to check both sides of the road as you approach the toll booths. NYSYBC
member Michael M. & his mother were nice enough to return to the "dove-less"
parking lot (after they had seen the C/G-D  there before it flew off)  to let
us know they had just relocated the bird near the booths.
I decided to push my luck again, and unlike this past Saturday, got to see the
Jones Beach N. Shrike, with the help of Rob Bate & George Daidone (sp?).
Cheers, Bob