Hello,

We recently added 2 audio-spectrograms to the Kentucky Warbler page for the Kentucky at Rockefeller State Park Preserve that is singing the more normal song, as recorded by Drew Panko on June 9 of this year. We previously had 2 spectrograms, one for the Kentucky with the unusual song, recorded in May, and another for last years Kentucky, recorded in June 2010.

To avoid confusion, we have labeled the birds chronologically, with KEWA A as last years bird, KEWA B as the 1st Kentucky we recorded this year, and KEWA C as the 2nd recorded this year. We were curious to compare the song from this years C to the song from last years A. They sounded similar to the ear, but with a year between hearing them, we wanted to see what the spectrograms showed. We have arranged the spectrograms with C below A so they are easier to compare. Each ends with a single song display that works best for comparison.

web page for spectrograms: http://www.birdsongid.com/audio/spectrograms/kentuckywarbler/

iPhone files to compare the two Kentuckys present this year:
KEWA B, 3 variant end notes: http://www.birdsongid.com/audio/spectrograms/kentuckywarbler/KEWA_iPhone.m4v KEWA C, 1 variant end note: http://www.birdsongid.com/audio/spectrograms/kentuckywarbler/KEWA_V-1_iphone.m4v

I hope you have as much fun looking at these as we did.

Trudy

Gertrude (Trudy) Battaly
mer...@pipeline.com, www.battaly.com , www.birdsongid.com
Saw-whets:  http://www.battaly.com/banding/