Subject: Re: [nysbirds-l] Post Storm Species List

I have been quite amazed and impressed at the historic occurrence of
pelagic and perhaps other storm-related birds in NY (and in
neighboring states and provinces as well) that have been reported to
this and many other birding list-serves and other reports.  Rob is on
an interesting track here and there are perhaps any number of possible
additions... including reports of Frigatebird and there could be more
to come as things get sorted out and hopefully settle down in the
hardest-hit places.  From a N.Y. City, and Manhattan perspective
(that's not where I was in or after "Irene"'s passage, rather many
hours drive downeast in Maine) I can only applaud all the efforts in
the part of town I call home as well as from birders all around the
east - this surely will need to be written up, and eventually will be,
in a journal of record - "The Kingbird" for New York state as well as
in various other states' & provinces' journals of bird records.  As a
Manhattan "west-sider" I'm especially delighted with the reports from
the Hudson just off that island, while all the reports away from the
Atlantic are  equally impressive - and then some.  Just fascinating
how this storm played out in a birding perspective... and a big thank-
you to all who reported!  I hope all affected by the storm otherwise
will be getting back to normal - a hope particularly sanguine to those
who lost property and loved ones in those most hard-hit areas in the
path of "Irene".

Tom Fiore,
New York
(& Maine)