Gabriel et al,

Another great find in the sparrow department for Brooklyn (Kimgs Co.,
NYC), reported yesterday 10/6 in Prospect Park was the Nelson's
(formerly called Nelson's Sharp-tailed) Sparrow, which was noted on
the birding blog maintained for Prospect Park and elsewhere-in-
Brooklyn birds by P. Dorosh - the observers of the Nelson's including
Rob Jett, R. Bate & K. Randall.

Today (10/7) over at Central Park (Manhattan, NYC) a search of the
areas where yesterday's Grasshopper Sparrow was seen ("grassy knoll"
in the park's north end) was NOT successful as far as I know.  In
areas near there, and generally were still great numbers of sparrow
and their ilk (towhees & juncos) and at least 8 sparrow species were
present in the north end - Song, Savannah, Swamp, Lincoln's, Chipping,
Field, White-crowned and by far most numerous, indeed possibly most
numerous bird within the park overall, White-throated Sparrow, the
latter easily into high 4-digit numbers in Central Park alone, with
plenty more in various other areas even in small green-spaces. Very
nice variety of many expected early-mid October land bird migrants,
some also in impressive numbers. This was so in many parts of
Riverside Park as well, on Manhattan's far west side.

I'll add that my own looks around the "grassy knoll" today (Fri.) were
not so productive, rather I found much more elsewhere, today.
But, others' results there may have been better and more.

Good birding,

Tom Fiore,
Manhattan