I tried for the razorbills earlier today but did not see them. It is possible they were off the shore of Sea Gate. It seems most of the birds were favoring that area today, but unfortunately I didn't have a scope or a friend living in Sea Gate.

I did see many Red-breasted mergansers, the previously mentioned Red-necked Grebe, and had a nice close look at a Long-tailed Duck. The grebe and duck were at the westernmost jetty today.

Christina

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Jett" <citybir...@earthlink.net>
To: "NYSBirds" <NYSBirds-L@cornell.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 5:42 PM
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Razorbills at Coney Island

The two Razorbills reported yesterday by Shane Blodgett were still present at Coney Island this afternoon. At around noon I observed the two birds diving frequently very close to the western-most jetty (West 37th Street). Another bird of possible interest at Coney Island was a Red-necked Grebe seen on the eastern side of the Steeplechase Pier, which is nearest to West 19th Street.

Good birding,

Rob