Bob Adamo and I were convinced that spring was here in a big way by the
species, plummages and behavior we saw. And we started and ended in a big
way.

Middle Rd, Riverhead: Turkey Vulture, 12 Wild Turkeys, 4 displaying, spread
tails, blue head, Red-Tailed Hawk

EPCAL: Kestrels m/f, Northern Harriers, 16 Wild Turkeys with males
displaying, Eastern Meadowlarks singing, Savannah Sparrows, Eastern
Bluebird, Red-Tailed Hawks, Eastern Phoebe FOS for us, Killdeer, Tree
Swallows

Calverton Pond Nature Conservancy: Ring-Necked Ducks, Red-Bellied Woodpecker

Shirley, Rt27: Turkey Vultures, 2

Wertheim NWR: Great Egret, Double Crested Cormorant, 2

Carmen River Boat Ramp: Osprey

Forge River: Belted Kingfisher, Ruddy Duck - browner with bluer bills,
Lesser Scaup, Ring-Necked Duck, Double Crested Cormorant

Riverhead, Lower Traffic Circle: Mature Bald Eagle, flying north/west along
Peconic River

River Rd: Red-Tailed Hawk, Killdeer

Tom Moran

Shoreham, NY