David's got the basics, but if any of you who aren't pelagic veterans have
any specific questions, feel free to drop me an email.  We're not running a
trip this winter due to personal reasons, but we're supporting the boat
owner and New York birding community to try to get a trip out this winter.

One question that already came through was about the destination.  The boat
will be targeting New York pelagic waters only, most likely heading in the
direction of the Hudson Shelf Valley.  This is an underwater feature that
is the old Hudson River valley when our continent was higher and drier.  It
extends just offshore of the Raritan Bay and on all the way out to the
Hudson Canyon along the Continental Shelf.  The trip will probably get
40-50 miles from land.

Based on previous trips, birds that are a good shot on this include
Atlantic Puffin, Razorbill, Common Murre, Dovekie, Black-legged Kittiwake,
Glaucous, Iceland, and Lesser Black-backed Gulls, Northern Fulmar, and Red
Phalarope. Chumming along the way usually creates a nice gull and Gannet
show that causes photographers to kill many, many pixels.

That probably covers the basics, but as I said you can feel free to contact
me with any questions.

-PAG

--
*Paul A. Guris