Fellow birders,

We were saddened to learn that our long-time friend and fellow
Long Island birder Al Wollin passed away several weeks ago. Al's health
had been failing in recent years and we'd missed seeing him at his
favorite birding haunts, Jones Beach and Hempstead Lake SP. Always in good humor and with a wealth of
knowledge to share, Al was a delight to spend time with, and he will
truly be missed by all who knew him.

We will be publishing a remembrance of Al in an upcoming issue of "The Kingbird" and welcome contributions from those who knew him.

Patricia Lindsay
Shai Mitra
Bay Shore, NY