Finished with chores by 1045, I stepped outside, saw and felt what a glorious
day it was, and decided to head out to Montauk, despite the late start. Once on
the road, I started to map out my stops, deciding to try for the snowy on the
way out, giving me a 2nd shot on the way home, if I missed it then. In an
apparent "role reversal" of 1/21/13, I got the owl, but  missed on "Larry", the
resident Lesser Black-backed Gull ! The only other positive, in addition to the
weather, was the Great Cormorant at Montauk Inlet.
On the negative side were Kirk Park, Ditch Plains, Deep Hollow Ranch, Camp
Hero, Montauk Point, Lake Montauk, Rita's Horse Farm, Fort Pond Bay, Fort Pond,
Further Lane "Goose Field", Hook Pond and Short's Pond. The number of birds and
species at these locations were way down, e.g., Montauk Point, with
Red-throated Loon (2), C. Loon (1), Horned Grebe (2), N. Gannet (1), C. Rider
(~20), Long-tailed Duck (~30), Surf Scoter (2), Black Scoter (1), White winged
Scoter (1), Red-breasted Merganser (~10), Herring Gull (~15) and Razorbill (1).
Summer weather= Summer bird numbers !
Cheers,Bob