The 3 paragraphs that make up what Ed Gaillard posted to this list about
gnatcatchers in Central Park this a.m. are entirely based on the William Carlos
Williams' poem, reproduced in full directly below:

This Is Just to Say

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

Thanks to several poetry lovers who noticed, and felt the original deserves a
mention.

good reading- & birding,

Tom Fiore,
Manhattan