A total of 22 Warbler species reported from Queens today.  Forest Park led
the way with 21.  It just so happened that I along with a few others made a
good decision to bird in Forest Park today and we enjoyed the influx of
migrants that were in good numbers.

The day's highlights while birding with Patricia Lindsay, Rich Kelly, Mary
Normaindy and at times with Karlo Mirth, Mike Feder and Danny Melore at
Forest Park included:
PALM WARBLER, CAPE MAY WARBLER, BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER, WILSON's WARBLER,
HOODED WARBLER, WORM EATING WARBLER and CANADA WARBLER.

Black-throated Blues and Northern Parulas were in good numbers with 40 and
50 recorded respectively for each species from birding throughout the park
for over 8 hours.  No doubt, there were more.

Yellow-throated Vireo, Great Crested Flycatcher, Scarlet Tanager,
Rose-breasted Grosbeak,  Baltimore Oriole, Wood Thrush and Veery were some
of the other notable migrants.  The feeding and singing while subsiding in
the afternoon was still noticeable when I left the waterhole at Forest Park
around 3:45 p.m. for Alley Pond Park.

At Alley Pond, there were fewer birds...maybe due to the time of the day?
However, a CAPE MAY WARBLER and later on with Jeff Ritter, a LINCOLN
SPARROW made the trip worthwhile.

Oakland Lake, much later was quiet but Jeff added Blue-winged Warbler to
bring his personal warbler tally for the day to 20 species (take that
Colleen and Bobby:)

Good Birding Peeps!

Andrew Baksh
Queens, NY