 From: Andrew Baksh <birdingd...@gmail.com>
To: nysbirds-l <nysbirds-l@cornell.edu>
Cc: Nyc ebirds <ebirds...@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 8:56 PM
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Queens Report 5-10-13...

A total of 22 Warbler species reported from Queens today.  Forest Park led the
way with 21.  It just so happened that I along with a few others made a good
decision to bird in Forest Park today and we enjoyed the influx of migrants
that were in good numbers.

The day's highlights while birding with Patricia Lindsay, Rich Kelly, Mary
Normaindy and at times with Karlo Mirth, Mike Feder and Danny Melore at Forest
Park included:
PALM WARBLER, CAPE MAY WARBLER, BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER, WILSON's WARBLER, HOODED
WARBLER, WORM EATING WARBLER and CANADA WARBLER.

Black-throated Blues and Northern Parulas were in good numbers with 40 and 50
recorded respectively for each species from birding throughout the park for
over 8 hours.  No doubt, there were more.

Yellow-throated Vireo, Great Crested Flycatcher, Scarlet Tanager, Rose-breasted
Grosbeak,  Baltimore Oriole, Wood Thrush and Veery were some of the other
notable migrants.  The feeding and singing while subsiding in the afternoon was
still noticeable when I left the waterhole at Forest Park around 3:45 p.m. for
Alley Pond Park.

At Alley Pond, there were fewer birds...maybe due to the time of the day?
However, a CAPE MAY WARBLER and later on with Jeff Ritter, a LINCOLN SPARROW
made the trip worthwhile.

Oakland Lake, much later was quiet but Jeff added Blue-winged Warbler to bring
his personal warbler tally for the day to 20 species (take that Colleen and
Bobby:)

Good Birding Peeps!

Andrew Baksh
Queens, NY