From: Larry Trachtenberg <trachtenb...@amsllp.com>
To: Shaibal Mitra <shaibal.mi...@csi.cuny.edu>; Birdingonthe.net
<NYSBIRDS-L@cornell.edu>
Sent: Mon, Dec 16, 2013 10:00 am
Subject: RE:[nysbirds-l] Captree CBC, Preliminary Results

I understand that the first official day of the CBC Count Period was Saturday
December 14 and the last day is Sunday January 5, 2014.  Thus, for counts on
Saturday 12/14, the count week period is 12/14-12/20 and for 12/15 the count
week is also 12/14 -12/20 (not 12/12-12/18) hence the Gyr e.g. would not be in
the Count week period because you do not extend back prior to the first day of
the entire count period. For counts next weekend, the count week is three days
before and three days after (because all dates are within the 12/14-1/5
period).  Similarly for counts on Jan 5 – I understand you cannot extend the
“count week” beyond Jan. 5 (the last official date). Hence the Count week would
be 12/30-1/5 not 1/2-1/8.

If I made any sense can someone confirm whether this is accurate as it comes
from the patriarch of the Peekskill (northern Westchester) and Putnam County
count circles.

L. Trachtenberg
Ossining, NY