Hi All,
Today Jack Rothman and I did about 3 hours of scanning the Sound from Orchard
Beach, Twin and Two Tree Islands in the northeastern corner of Pelham Bay Park.
Highlights included nice numbers of Greater Scaup and Brant (~1500 and ~800,
respectively), a female Black Scoter continues off the beach, and there were
few Long Tailed Ducks. Between Hunter and Twin Islands, Jack spotted a
Semipalmated Plover, which would be a good CW if we don't get one on Sunday's
CBC.
On 12/18, I had 4 Purple Sandpipers on the rocks off Pea Island, there was a
lone Canvasback between Hunter and Twin and a White-winged Scoter was seen in
flight.
On both days, the near complete lack of both loons was unusual.
Briefly went through Turtle Cove at the end of the day where at least 1
Red-headed Woodpecker continues.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S16031810http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S16016346
Good BirdingRichard Aracil