Has anyone been out to look for this bird?  Its not my place to post other
people's names so I just reduced it to initials.

Steller's Eider (Polysticta stelleri) (1)
- Reported Jan 19, 2014 16:00 by V.V.
- Point Lookout, Nassau, New York
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=40.5872222,-73.5772222&ll=40.5872222,-73.5772222
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S16444443
- Comments: "I realize this range is completely off but this is the closest in
markings to what I observed. This bird did not have a black head like a common
eider, lacked a yellow heavy beak like the king eider. It was larger with a
different head shape than a bufflehead and merganser. I was very surprised and
will try to get a photo."