I had a Clay-colored Sparrow at Forest Lawn Cemetery earlier this afternoon.
The bird was seen briefly near Mirror Lake. There is a large weeping willow
across the road from the Birge Memorial - on the lake side of the road (the
Birge Memorial is the round structure of columns near the NE corner of Mirror
Lake). There are many Chipping Sparrows, and at least one Field Sparrow in this
area - you may have to look through a lot of other sparrows. This bird is more
gray-brown, and the median stripe is very distinct.

Dennis Gralak had many warblers earlier - I think I was able to re-find most,
including: Yellow, Palm, Yellow-rumped, Black-and-white, Nashville,
Black-throated Blue.

I believe he had Blue-headed and Warbling Vireos as well. I may have heard Pine
Siskins, but I am not positive, and I did not see any in the short time I was
there.

Joe Fell
Buffalo, NY

joetf1...@aol.com