Splendid morning at Stillwell Woods. Notables included fantastic views of a
hooded warbler, countless yellow
warblers, quite a few blue winged warblers, a wood thrush, catbirds, common
yellow throats, 4 of the  most unbelievably
cooperative ovenbirds that I have ever had the pleasure of viewing
(there were about 8 total), a black throated blue, a palm warbler, too many to
keep track of black and white warblers, a ruby crowned kinglet, a flock of
savannah sparrows,  a
coopers hawk and numerous barn swallows following afterthe mowers (which were
kicking up the insects).  The birds were unusually cooperative - one of the
best days I have had in the preserve.  Referring back to Diane's rose breasted
grosbeak, I had incredible close views of one at my feeder (first visit ever)
which is just inches from my kitchen door.  He definitely trumped the pine
warbler that stayed with me for four months this past winter!

Stella Miller

"Conservation is sometimes perceived as stopping everything cold, as holding
whooping cranes in higher esteem than people. It is up to science to spread the
understanding that the choice is not between wild places or people, it is
between a rich or an impoverished existence for Man." Thomas Lovejoy