For what it's worth, there are generally multiple thousands of Ring-billed
Gulls on Coney Island Beach, just a couple of miles to the SE, as well as
hundreds in the Sheepshead Bay and Marine Park area a little east of there.
There are also usually a few hundred between the Owls Head wastewater plant
and the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. Floyd Bennett Field's evening RBGU roost
is in full effect at this point in the winter as well, as there were over
2000 there a week ago.

These all seem like potential alternate locations for the Mew Gull if it
isn't showing at the Gravesend Bay location. The most likely alternate
places in my mind, based on proximity and high concentrations of
appropriately sized gulls, are Coney Island Creek Park (or anywhere in
Coney Island Creek where there are gulls hanging out), Coney Island Beach,
and the Owls Head Wastewater Plant.

Good Birding
-Doug Gochfeld. Brooklyn, NY.