Hi,

Regarding the Cliff Swallows in the Bronx, I did a kayak trip along Pelham Bay park shore on June 7 during which I saw 12 Cliff Swallows. Two together hunting along the North shore of Hunter Island, 2 pairs below the City Island bridge, flying in and out 2 specific points of the bridge (the boat traffic and the current did not enable me to check that there were nests however) and 3 pairs on the North-East side of Pelham Bay Bridge: 1 pair in a completed nest and 2 others that seemed to build new nests next to the completed one. During a visit last Sunday I saw however only one pair, in the completed nest (still active). These Cliff swallows were also easily seen in flight from the walk on Pelham Bridge. Orchard beach was not covered during that trip as kayaking is not allowed along it so it's good one nest was found here too. So with the nest reported by Jack Rothman there are at least 2 active nests in Pelham Bay and likely more nests on the multiple bridges and edifices in that area. As mentioned by Deborah Allen, 2 actives nests were reported on the southernmost arch of Pelham Bay Bridge in 2010 (Jared Cole & Richard Aracil) so the nesting of these species is not new in that area not birded a lot during the breeding season.

Here is a link with 2 pictures of the active nest on Pelham Bay Bridge, taken on June 7 (presence of older or aborted nests is obvious on the pictures). I'll post on ebird soon.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/134171131@N08/szNtCk

Best,

Matthieu BENOIT