Wednesday, 23 March, 2016 -
Central Park, Manhattan, N.Y. City

Multiple Pine Warblers (those I know of all males, some that have been singing) in at least 4 locations that I'm aware of (two having been seen or heard), as follows:

near the northern end of the park, well east of the Blockhouse at the site known as the Lily Ponds, the lower portion nearer to the park Drive (not too far from 110 St.); and, at the King of Poland statue, working a bit north from there; and, at the west side of the Maintenance Field (heard, & seen by others); & one near the Mall along the eastern edge away from Sheep Meadow - likely a couple more may also be around. Other freshly-arrived migrants seemed a bit scant, but there well could be a number of species that also arrived. There was a slightly surprising movement of Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, most evident in the far north end of the park. Various other sightings will no doubt filter in, and absolutely more this week. Thanks to several observers for their sightings, with more sure to be seen.

good birding,

Tom Fiore
Manhattan