The Queens County Bird Club will be meeting at the Alley Pond Environmental
Center, 228-06 Northern Blvd Douglaston, NY 11362   <http://goo.gl/8cnmjT>
>Map of location<

at 8:00 pm on Wednesday, April 20, 2016.  Free admission.  Refreshments
served.

Public transportation users:  Meeting location is one mile from Bayside LIRR
station; you can either walk, take the Q12 bus, or use car service located
at station.

Stephane Perrault will present "Birding by Ear on Long Island:  Spring
Warbler Songs".

     This program is for birders who would like to learn or review warbler
songs as we enter the core of spring migration.  The songs of 30 locally
common and uncommon warblers will be presented in practical learning groups.
Traditional tools such as digital recordings, sonograms, and catchy phrases
will be used to get a handle on the identification of our warblers by ear.

     Stephane has been actively birding on Long Island since 1995.  Prior to
living in southern NY, he studied Ornithology at McGill University, and
published breeding studies on the American Redstart and Yellow Warbler.

Nancy Tognan

nancy.tog...@gmail.com <mailto:nancy.tog...@gmail.com>

Vice President, Queens County Bird Club

See http://www.qcbirdclub.org/   for more information on trips, speakers,
and other events!

See our 'Birding Maps & Locations' page for directions to and info about
many local birding hotspots

* QCBC is a tax exempt, charitable organization {501c3}.  *