I watch this very much from the sidelines, I don’t get out to bird as often as
most of you do, but I will put in a very friendly 2¢. Please don’t jump on me
for putting this out there.

I enjoy watching the ebb and flow of the natural world via this list. I enjoy
seeing that are crossbills out on the parkway or a merlin in Oceanside. (BTW -
I’ve never seen a crossbill, so it would be exciting for me.) I actually enjoy
the short essays and wish I was there. "If I have the opportunity to get away
from my desk," I think, "that’s where I’ll go.”

I sincerely suggest that everyone take a deep breath (or two or three). This
time of year is stressful for many reasons - particularly this year. Let’s just
be kind to our fellow birders and understand that no list is perfect for
everyone.

Frankly, I’d rather read this list’s emails than the 75 I get with
advertisements and news I’m sick over. My only advice is, if you don’t care for
it, delete it. It’s just an email. If you have a better method or want
different info, create a new list. I know very well how hard it is to cultivate
a list. It’s hard work and takes years to build something substantial and
useful. You simply can’t please everyone - and those people will move on to
something that fits better for them.

Thank you to everyone who posts and shares - it is appreciated, at least by me.
Be kind to each other.
Happy Birding & (as always) I hope to get out there soon.
Peace Out!
Sue Herbst