Hi all-- For a couple of years I've been writing short pieces on birds,
nature in general, and the environment for the wonderful Saw Mill River
Audubon. I hope you don't mind my sharing this one, because I know many of
you treasure Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge. It was my father's favorite spot
on earth, and the place he introduced me to the lifelong joys of birding
(aka birdwatching) back in the 1960s. So that's what I wrote about for
Father's Day: https://www.blog.sawmillriveraudubon.org/the-odd-duck/

If you take a look at this little time capsule, I hope you enjoy it. I know
you all have a compelling birding origin story of your own.
Thanks--Joe