PS-- I'm laughing about this, because maybe it was inevitable...but it has
been pointed out to me that the ibis photo in my piece is of a White-faced
(a rare stray to Jamaica Bay), not the Glossy. I wish I had supplied the
pic, because that would have given me a new state bird, but we'll try to
fix instead. Thanks for the heads-up, all!

Joe