I shared this thread with my friend Susan Hewitt, who is a snail expert of some
renown. She agrees with the ID:

“The snail is an introduced species of European land snail, Cepaea nemoralis.

That species is fairly common in some places, but it is not really considered
to be an invasive.”

Fascinating discussion!

GW