In Canada, they list Bonaparte's Gulls as having a "large increase".

In Shai's graph of CBC you can see a definite decline of wintering BOGUs
from the 70s, 80s and 90s to the 2010s in the RI and LI areas.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96951581@N02/50482248298/

I ran sea surface temperature departures from normal for the last 10 years
and you can see that the area centered around Nova Scotia/Maine has warmed
1-2C in this time period. To see if maybe the BOGUs are wintering farther
north on the east coast, I looked at CBC data from Maine and indeed there
is a significant increase in BOGUs for their CBCs which matches the
declines that Shai showed. I couldn't get the Nova Scotia data to work for
some reason.  I also looked farther south and in NC, for instance, there
also has been significant increases in CBC data for BOGUs too. So the
decline at least around LI and maybe even around Niagara Fall's probably is
related to the warming climate. Birds are shifting their wintering ranges
farther north.  In the Great Lakes area, if the waters remain open farther
north some birds just don't make it down. The same is for the northeast
coast.  In NC, I don't have much of an answer other than the sea surface
temperatures haven't warmed as much there.