Having viewed five photos of this bird (after narrowly missing it in life, 
unfortunately), it is my impression that it is a Least Sandpiper in winter 
aspect--possibly a first-summer bird. Birds of this appearance are not seen 
often in northeastern North America, and I can remember at least several 
occasions over the years when winter aspect Leasts have been reported/suspected 
as Temminck's Stints.

Additional photos would be very helpful--especially any that show the tail 
pattern in detail.

Shai Mitra
Bay Shore
-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Guthrie [email protected]
Sent 8/23/2009 4:44:56 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Report of Temmick's Stint on Eastern Long Island





I havent seen a post as yet, but I had a phone callabout an hour ago relaying 
that a TEMMICKS STINT was found on/near DuneRoad on eastern Long Island.



Im sure there will be a lot more to share about thisby the finder and other 
observers. But in the meanwhile I thought it importantto put the word out.



Rich Guthrie

New Baltimore

The Greener County

[email protected]

http://blogs.timesunion/birding

 
-- 
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES

Temporary archive:
http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--

Reply via email to